in All Your Writing Projects
Areas of Specialty
• Financial services industry reports and documentation
• Software documentation, user guides, and training material
• Original manuscripts — fiction and non-fiction (self-publishing authors a specialty)
• Website content and blogs
• Brochures, newsletters, and advertising material
• Text that has been translated into English (spelling, punctuation, grammar, and flow validation)
Copy Editing and Stylistic Editing Services
Standard services include
• Verifying grammar, spelling, usage, punctuation, and other mechanics of style
• Checking for consistency of mechanics and for internal consistency of facts
• Clarifying meaning, eliminating jargon, polishing language, and other non-mechanical line-by-line editing
• Editing tables, figures, and lists
Standard fees for the above services range from $0.03 to $0.06 per word, in line with average fees recently surveyed by the Editors’ Association of Canada. Depending on the type of project, the alternative of an hourly rate or a project fee may also be negotiated.
All projects are different and require varying levels of attention, so the fee you pay will be based on an evaluation and sample edit of an excerpt from your project. Confidentiality is guaranteed.
Please contact me to discuss your particular needs and to obtain options and specific pricing.
Transcription services ($2.50 per audio minute) and data entry services (prices variable based on assignment) are also available — please contact me to discuss your particular needs.
Sylvia McCluskey, BAA, MBA
Member of the Editors’ Association of Canada
Professional Integrity * Strong English Language Skills * Minute Attention
to Detail *
* Commitment to Effective Written Communication *
Contact me today to maximize the impact of your written material!
Professional Copy Editing
Creating Clarity from Chaos